These were the victims of the neo-Nazi terrorist group NSU


ENVER SIMSEK was the first NSU murder victim. The 38-year-old man from Turkey was shot down on 9 September 2000 in front of his mobile flower stand in Nuremberg with eight shots from two different weapons and died two days later in hospital.

ABDURRAHIM ÖZUDOGRU is the second of a total of three victims from Nuremberg. The 49-year-old man, also of Turkish descent, was killed on 13 June 2001 by two head shots in his tailor’s shop.

SÜLEYMAN TASKÖPRÜ died two weeks later on 27 June 2001 in a fruit and vegetable shop run by his father in Hamburg-Bahrenfeld. The 31-year-old father of a daughter died like Simsek from shots fired from two pistols, a Ceska, considered the main weapon of the NSU murders, and a Bruni Model 315.

HABIL KILIC was shot dead on August 29, 2001 in his fruit and vegetable shop in Munich, he was 38 years old. After this act Böhnhardt and Mundlos are said not to have committed any further murders until 2004.

MEHMET TURGUT is the fifth NSU murder victim. He died on 25 February 2004 by three head shots in front of a kebab shop in Rostock. The 25 years old Turgut had come from Hamburg to Rostock only shortly before and wanted to work spontaneously on the day of the crime as a temporary help in the bistrot of his friend.

ISMAIL YASAR was shot dead in his Nuremberg kebab shop on June 9, 2005. He was 50 years old and, like eight of the victims, came from Turkey. After this sixth murder case, the police falsely openly said that the previous six victims could be “in connection with Turkish drug traffickers from the Netherlands”. The fact that several witnesses at the scene saw two men on bicycles still did not put the police on the right track.

THEODOROS BOULGARIDES died on 15 June 2005 in his locksmith’s shop in Munich. The father of two children was 41 years old, he left behind his wife and two children. Boulgarides is the only victim with Greek roots.

MEHMET KUBASIK was shot dead in his kiosk in Dortmund on 4 April 2006. Kubasik was 39 years old, the German Turk left behind his wife and three children.

HALIT YOZGAT was killed only two days later with two head shots in an internet café he operated. Yozgat was the youngest NSU victim at the age of 21. During the crime, an employee of the Hessian Office for the Protection of the Constitution was in the Internet café – he denies having heard the shots.

MICHÈLE KIESEWETTER died on April 25, 2007, in a parking lot in Heilbronn, Germany, as a result of a targeted shot to the head. The 22-year-old policewoman took a break there together with a colleague. He also suffered a head shot, but survived. Since there is no xenophobic background in this case, the procurement of weapons or a demonstration of power against the state could be a motive for the crime – Mundlos and Böhnhardt stole the weapons of the two policemen. With the murder of Kiesewetter the NSU murder series ended – afterwards Böhnhardt, Mundlos and Beate Zschäpe lived on unrecognized in the underground for four and a half years.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here